Join us for a virtual scavenger hunt with the free GooseChase app!
Complete challenges on your device, & compete with other players across the county.
GooseChase Rules & Expectations
By participating in the Goose Chase Scavenger Hunt, you are agreeing to the following:
- The pictures you submit will be visible to others. Pictures will be seen by other participants, and may be shared on the library’s social media accounts.
- PCDL will moderate these images to the best of their ability, but are not responsible for images shared by the public. Please only post appropriate content.
- Any scavenger hunt participant of minor age should have permission from a parent or guardian before playing.
- Participants will follow reasonable precautions for safety and responsibility while playing- good pictures aren’t worth getting hurt!
- Submissions may be removed by library staff if they are deemed inappropriate, or if they do not meet the requirements of the mission.
- Bonus points will only be awarded in the event of a tie between teams.
- Downloadable Rules, Expectations, and Steps to sign up can be found here > shorturl.at/muyFK
You will have the option to register or play as a guest. This is personal preference.
In the game search bar, locate the game “PCDL August 2020”. Choose “Select Team & Join Game”
Choose one of the three available teams (Supernova, The Wailing Wizards, or Orange). You will be prompted to input a password. The code for this game is “LibraryCard”
When the game begins, you will have options to view Remaining or Completed challenges. There are three mission types- photo/video, text, and GPS. To submit photo evidence, choose a remaining challenge and select “Snap Evidence”. This will open your camera. Take a photo or video of your scavenger hunt proof, add a caption or explanation if you like, and hit “Submit”.
The app includes a live feed of submissions from all teams, as well as a leaderboard to display points earned.
New challenges will be added throughout the course of the event, so continue to check back for more opportunities to play!