Every month until the end of the year, we will have a different grab and go craft for adults. For September, you will be combining wooden sticks, glue and a coloring book page of your choice to make a really cool coaster!
Visit your local branch to pick up a kit starting September 1 while supplies last. Craft kits can be picked up through curbside delivery, if you so choose. Click here for curbside pickup information.
Project Resources (click to download):
You will need:
- A page from a coloring book
- Your coloring medium of choice (markers, colored pencils, crayons)
- 10-20 Popsicle sticks (depends on whether you want to make individual or double layered coasters)
- Glue (regular glue will work for putting the coaster together; Mod Podge will be brushed over your illustration once it is glued to the coaster)
- Choose the coloring page you want and color in your design(s). (I recommend starting at the center.) Cut out the design(s) once it is colored.
- Glue the popsicle sticks together from side to side. If you would like to add another layer to your coaster, make two coasters and then glue them together (see example)
- Glue your design to the top of the coaster.
- Brush Mod Podge over the top of the picture. Let dry.