Effective Date: 04/08/1996
The Preble County District Library maintains meeting room facilities at the Eaton Library Branch and the Eldorado Library Branch. Meeting rooms are intended to further the library's mission by facilitating the exchange of diverse information and ideas.
The primary purpose of meeting rooms is to promote library services through programs, meetings and other library activities presented by library staff, the Friends of the Library or other organizations affiliated with the library. When a meeting room is not being used for a library activity, the space will be available to the public for governmental, non-profit, civic, cultural or educational programs or meetings. Access will be provided on equal terms, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting use. By special arrangement the Village of Eldorado holds its government meetings on a regular basis at the Eldorado Branch Library Meeting Room. The library does not advocate or endorse the viewpoints of any group or individual. Trade or professional associations are interpreted to be educational groups. Artistic performances by individuals will be permitted only when co-sponsored by the Library.
The terms for public use of meeting rooms are:
- All meetings must be open to the public.
- No admission fees will be charged. No products or services may be advertised, solicited or sold in library meeting rooms or on library property. No collections may be taken.
- Educational courses conducted by non-profit agencies may charge fees for learning materials or course credits, but the program must be open for observation to members of the public who do not pay fees.
- Only fund-raising events sponsored by the library, Friends of the Library or other organizations affiliated with the library are permitted.
- Meeting room programs must not interfere with library operations.
- The use of the library premises for private social functions such as parties or receptions is not permitted.
- The library assumes no liability for theft or damage to property brought onto library property or for injuries, which occurs as a result of actions of sponsors or participants in activities in meeting rooms.
- Meeting room space is intended for specific events rather than for regularly scheduled, ongoing meetings. Use of a space with a frequency of once a month or greater will be considered a regularly scheduled meeting. For regularly scheduled meetings, the meeting room may be reserved no more than 12 weeks in advance. Other reservations will not be accepted more than 6 months in advance.
- Persons or groups must submit a completed Reservation Request Form to the library staff at least one week before the event. The reservation is not completed until the form has been submitted and approved.
- All meetings must be completed fifteen (15) minutes before the library closes. The library meeting spaces are scheduled for specific times in half-hour increments. Meetings and events, and their preparation (personal equipment or materials placement, refreshments, registration, etc.) must be planned to begin and end within the prearranged times.
- Permission to use the rooms includes ordinary use of the furniture and fixtures, including, chairs, tables, and other equipment.
- Users are responsible for cleaning up and restoring the room to its original condition before leaving.
- The library will not guarantee to have assistance available at the time of the event to modify the room arrangement.
- The individual or group reserving the meeting room shall be responsible for any damage to or loss of library property.
- Refreshments and light catered meals may be served. A custodial fee of $10.00 will be charged for the additional cleaning.
- No smoking or alcoholic beverages are allowed in the library.
- Nothing may be affixed or mounted in any way to the walls.
- If a group reserving the room cancels a scheduled meeting, the applicant must inform the library or administrative office as quickly as possible.
- No individual or group may state or imply Library endorsement or sponsorship of events in the library meeting rooms without written approval from the Library Director.
- The library retains the right to deny the space to any user whose planned use of the space does not comply with these terms. The library reserves the right to cancel a reservation if the space is required for use by the library or a library related organization. Except in an emergency, 48 hours notice will be given of any cancellation.
- The Director is responsible for the administration of this policy and for establishing administrative procedures for its implementation.
- Failure to comply with meeting room policy or rules may result in loss of meeting room privileges including immediate termination of a meeting by appropriate library personnel.
PROCEDURE: MEETING ROOMS
1. Persons wishing to use any Library meeting room space will make arrangements with the Reference Department at the Eaton Library Branch for the use of the Meeting Room and/or the Village of Eldorado Clerk-Treasurer for use of the Eldorado Branch Library Meeting Room.
2. Appropriate forms (Reservation Request Form) must be completed and returned to the Reference Department (drop it off in person, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax it to 937-456-4774) or Eldorado Clerk-Treasurer (937-273-5695) before confirmation of reserved space.