For this week’s craft, you’ll need...
- Wood (it can be a piece of furniture, a planter box, or just anything you might want to re-purpose and give a fresh look to)
- Chalk paint
- Paint brush
- Drop cloth or old sheet
- Damp cloth, dry cloth
- Small piece of sandpaper
- Place your drop cloth or old sheet on the floor where you’ll be painting and then place the piece you’re painting on the drop cloth.
- Wipe down the piece with a damp cloth and then again with the dry cloth. If it’s really dirty, you can use soap and water. Make sure you dry it afterwards.
- Using a paint brush, apply the first coat of paint. This coat doesn’t have to look nice. But do try to apply evenly. I like to go with the grain of the wood.
- Once you’ve completed the first coat, let it dry as long as possible. I tend to just let it dry overnight, but use your best judgement.
- Apply the second coat. With this coat, apply evenly but also pay special attention to any areas that weren’t covered as well on the first coat. Let dry.
- Apply third coat, if needed. I usually have to do a third coat. Again, apply evenly and pay special attention to any areas that weren’t covered as well on the first and second coats. Let dry.
- Once the piece you’re painting is completely dry, using a small piece of sandpaper, you can add some distressing for more character. You can distress as much or as little as you like. I like to distress along the edges of the piece I’m painting.
- Decorate and enjoy!
NOTE: PLEASE FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS GIVEN ON CRAFT BOTTLES/CONTAINERS TO MAINTAIN SAFETY WHILE CRAFTING.
Friday, May 15, 2020 - 2:00pm
Friday, May 22, 2020 - 2:00pm
Friday, May 29, 2020 - 2:00pm
Friday, June 5, 2020 - 2:00pm
Friday, June 12, 2020 - 2:00pm
Friday, June 19, 2020 - 2:00pm
Friday, June 26, 2020 - 2:00pm