Miss Michelle in West Alexandria has been keeping busy with many different fun activities and crafts. She has made this colorful penny spinner craft to share with all of you! You can use your penny spinner as a game piece or just for fun.
You will need:
- Washable markers
- Foam board or heavy cardstock
- Construction paper
- Use a round object (such as a dinner plate) to trace a circle onto a piece of poster board. Cut out the circle.
- Find the center of the circle and divide the circle into quadrants, like a pie. Then, decorate each quadrant.
- Cut a slit that is just a bit smaller than a penny in the center of your circle. Push the penny through the center slit so that about half the penny sticks out on each side. Add a small dot of white school glue to hold the penny in place. Let dry.
- Set the spinner down and spin away!
TIP: Penny spinners look best when the decorations are done with lots of bold colors. Check out the following decoration ideas:
- Use markers to create deep, dark colors.
- Cut small scraps of construction paper and glue them into the quadrants.
- Use metallic or glitter glue to make swirls or designs in one.
View a step-by-step how-to guide here (external site): https://bit.ly/3cFF0bD
This craft idea was originally posted for free to Michaels.com. Thank you to Michael's Company for providing this free craft.