Make a monster friend with us! You can customize your little monster with google eyes and different color markers and yarn to give them a personality of their own.
Miss Leyna's Little Monster: click here for a picture
How-to guide (PDF): click here for a printable how-to guide
- Yarn in colors of your choosing
- Pipe Cleaners
- Google Eyes
- Acrylic Paint
- Plastic colorful beads
- Strong craft glue or hot glue (Follow instructions, and always have adult supervision when handling a hot glue gun!!)
- Paint your clothespins in bright colors. Let dry.
- Wrap yarn around your fingers (about 2-4 of your fingers), get a good bundle around your fingers, and slide it off your fingers. Holding the bunch of yarn carefully, tie a separate piece of yarn around the center tightly in a knot.
- With a pair of scissors, cut off the ends of the loops of the yarn bundle you made so that the monster has more "spiky hair".
- Place glue in the inside of the top of the clothespin where it pinches closed. Place the bundle in the clothespin with the center knot covered, so that the bundle looks like hair.
- Cut a pipe cleaner in half and thread it through the spring in the center of the clothespin. Thread a plastic bead onto each end of the pipe cleaner and bend the pipe cleaner over the bead so that it stays on. This will make the monster have hands and arms.
- Attach the google eyes and draw the face on with a marker.