Have fun making a one of a kind piece of art with Miss Lisa! Encourage your children to clean up their rooms and to make some cool art for their walls or another area of the home with this fun project for children of all ages.
- Canvas panel - fairly inexpensive at stores. (we have used 4x6 and 8x10 canvas panels). If you are making more than one, 4x6's may be the way to go.
- Cardboard - I used a empty cereal box.
- Paint - we have used tempera paint and finger paint too
- Gallon size storage bag - cut the storage bag in half.
- Place your canvas on the cardboard, cover the canvas with the storage bag and tape one side down.
- With the storage bag pulled away from the canvas, squeeze some paint onto the canvas. You can see in the pictures that I may have gotten a little too much.
- Cover the canvas with the storage bag and tape the sides all down. You will then proceed to push the paint around the canvas. Remember, if you really smear it all together you may end up with a lovely brown painting. It is fun to explore with the colors and blend them a little.
- When you are done, remove the storage bag (it will be messy). You may have peaks of paint and can use a piece of cardboard to gently smooth it out if you wish or leave it for some added texture, but remember it may take longer to dry. The storage bag helps to minimize the mess, but children may need some assistance.
Download a how-to guide with pictures here: https://bit.ly/0608pcdl